1. Wash your hands thoroughly with clean water and soap; if you do not have soap, use ash or sand:
- After using the toilet
- Before handling and preparing food
- After changing the baby
- Before eating or feeding children
- After taking care of a sick family member
2. Always properly dispose of faeces in latrines. Keep the toilet clean.
- Dig new latrines or temporary pits at least 30 metres from water sources.
3. Always drink and use safe water.
- Boil water and bring it to a complete boil for at least one minute.
- Use available water treatment products and always wait for 30 minutes before drinking.
4. Cook food well and always cover it.
- Always eat hot food.
- Clean and peel fruits and vegetables before eating.