Keeping your family safe and healthy can feel even harder when you live in crowded places. Here is what you can do.
1. Stay where you are.
- Limit the number of times people leave and enter your house
- Only leave the house for important reasons like getting food or medical help
2. Exercise daily.
- Encourage children to think of physical activities that avoid contact with people outside your home
- Jumping, dancing, or running in circles can be fun!
3. Share responsibilities.
- Try to share household chores, childcare, and other tasks equally among family members
- Create a schedule with other adults in your household for “working time” and “resting time”
- It is ok to ask for help when you are stressed and need a break!
4. Make hand washing and hygiene fun!
- It might be hard to find soap and water, but it is very important to practice good hygiene, especially in crowded homes where germs and bacteria can spread easily!
- Try to make sure all family members wash their hands as often as possible
- Let children teach each other how to wash their hands
- Encourage children to avoid touching their faces
5. Help your children with physical distancing
- Explain to your children they have an important job of keeping themselves and their community healthy by temporarily physically distancing themselves from others
- Show your children extra positive attention when they make an effort to practice safe physical distancing from others
Thanks for reading! Click the link below to share your opinions about these parenting tips.