Does this sound like you? You...
- Want to be your own boss.
- Have a lot of great ideas.
- Want to change the world or invent something that makes people’s lives easier. There are ways to do this that don’t involve advanced engineering skills.
How do I come up with a good idea?
Start simple! Ask girls and boys around you what kinds of day-to-day challenges they face. You can even write your own survey:Plan and run a survey
- Is it options for recycling?
- A space to talk about these ideas?
- A carpool program?
- A new activity or after school program?
Begin small and build. Remember that discussing ideas with others helps fuel research and may spark a good idea.
What if I have a good idea, but it would be costly? How do I go about getting funding?
Such a good question.
- This is where networking is a really good place to start. Do your research.
- Grow a social media presence. If you have access to those apps and platforms, you’ll be able to identify the important players or businesses in your field and check out what they’re doing.
- Check out youth innovation funds. You may be able to apply for a grant.
- Volunteering in the meantime may give you a new perspective or even lead to support or funding down the road.
- Most importantly, keep at it. You have time to strengthen your ideas as you continue in school.
Check out more info on defining your style, issue, and approach. Read this article :What's your style?